A fresh new book by the founder of Designers Guild
An unexpected Christmas playlist
Lorenzo Plamieri compiles a very special holiday playlist, filled with eclectic music styles and international gems
Christmas songs are beautiful, yes, they bring up memories and family moments, but let's be honest: they're always the same!
Even though Spotify and Youtube have changed our way to listen to music, often offering playlists according to our musical taste, we preferred to ask to a real music connoisseur for a special Christmas playlist: Lorenzo Palmieri, architect, professor, designer and musician, author of several soundtracks for theater pieces and installations.
Lorenzo thought about a "special Christmas playlist which is not per se a Christmas playlist. Musicians and records I love are too many to be able to pick only ten but nonetheless I have tried to give some advice for a musical Christmas. It's a rather eclectic list, a diagonal trip, with local and international talents, new comers and timeless classics, together under the sign of musical research and quality, the elements for a perfect Christmas".
We created a Spotify playlist that you can listen here with Lorenzo's tips, with a little extra gift: a song from Lorenzo Palmieri's latest project Erbamatta (in stores, or online), where he blends music and design.
1. Lele Battista, Un casino pazzesco (from the album Mi do, mi medio, mi mento)
2. Fabio Cinti, La gente che mente (from the album Forze elastiche)
3. Max Casacci, Uno per tutti (ost)
4. Yuri Beretta, Natale per sempre (from the album Natale per sempre)
5. Gaben, Vado (from the album Vado)
6. Gorillaz, On melancholy hill (from the album Plastic beach)
7. Damon Albarn, Hostiles, (from the album Every day robots)
8. Fabio Mercuri, L'arte del bonsai (from the album Progetti per il futuro)
9. Stan Ridgway, Big green tree (from the album Neon mirage)
10. Diego Mancino, Era solo ieri (from the album Un invito a te)
11. Daniele Silvestri, Acrobati (from the album Acrobati)
Design for Christmas collection
Christmas gifts according to five art &design galleries
A selection of signature design presents under 100 euros
Designers and chefs join forces to plan our Christmas menu
6 christmas high-tech ideas for coffee addicts
London gets even more festive with these eclectic designer Christmas trees
Suggestions, addresses, and ideas to enjoy the best of Christmas atmosphere